Another meme???? I love you, memes. Me me me. Vixen started it.
Here are the rules:
1. Each player answers questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, tag 5 people by posting their names.
3. Go to their site/blog and leave a comment telling them theyâ€™ve been tagged. Invite them to your site/blog so they can read the tagged post.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when youâ€™ve completed your tagged post.
1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Falling in love with my husband. Planning our wedding. Quitting the job I’d had for eight years to freefall into what I did not know. (It all worked out okay.)
2. What are 5 things on your â€œTo Doâ€ list?
a. Take out the recycling
b. Get rid of all the paperwork piled up on the tables and counters around here.
c. Do the damn laundry.
e. Make a real “to do” list that isn’t just basic maintenance. (ie — Go to Rome. Get a book published. etc.)
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy? (In no specific order)
Brownies, Hav’ a Chips, guacamole, popcorn with M&Ms poured in the bowl, tamari almonds.
4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.
Pay for librarians for a few schools. Buy food for a bunch of people who needed it. That would take care of the million. Is it more than one million? If I was a 3 millionaire, I’d buy myself a ’64 Impala and a garage to keep it in, pay off the bills, and pay off the mortgages for my family. Um. I think that would add up to 5 million.
5. Name some places where youâ€™ve lived.
Manhattan, Vancouver, Wash., SE, NE, SW, North Portland.
6. Name some bad habits you have.
I fucking hate FaceBook and MySpace and all that and if someone suggests I blog over there I ask them “Are you fucking nuts? Those places do not even count as blogs. They’re like, all purple disco lights and flashy and that is not writing, how is that even creative???” etc. This is kind of obnoxious, when I get like this. Also, when one of the moms at school told me how much she loves MySpace because you can go back in and delete your old comments (is this true, MySpacers?) I was like, Fuck that. You write it here, I own it. But if you e me and say, Uh, I didn’t mean to say I was going to beat up my husband’s ex-wife, I was only teasing! then of course I will delete your comment.
7. Name some jobs youâ€™ve had.
Um. Soda jerk, waitress, Avon salesperson, journalist, social worker, facer. You know what a facer is? The person who turns everything face out on the grocery shelves. It was kinda fun, but kinda mind-numbing at the same time. That is when I had the experience of dropping a stuffed toy tomato, a plushy toy, on its face, and it said, “Jesus loves you just the way you are.” I knew then I had to quit that job, cuz that was some scary shit, right there.
(Thus was my introduction to Veggie Tales.)